CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

You made what?

OK.. 1st let me start by saying none of this would be possable without our kind friends the Atkin's family... They own a 200+acre farm! So last week Mike says need any tomatoes? I said sure I will take a few... This is what I got... Along with 3 dozen ears of sweet corn, about 2 dozen zucchini, cukes, bag of peppers, a few egg plants and a watermelon! So needless to say.. I have froze about 5 pounds of fresh corn.. Shredded about 12 cups of zucchini (I have separated it for my zucchini bread) and pureed about 3 cups of it... What did you do with all those tomatoes you ask? SALSA! I have tried canning again! All those tomatoes only made 9 pints of salsa! Let me tell you it is YUMMY!!! Last night I was blessed with another 100 tomatoes so tomorrow we will make another batch! Keven and the kids are chopping at the bit to get into this but it has to sit for 24 hrs. I wonder how long this will last??? (Actually this is my 2nd batch this week, I gave the 1st batch to the Atkins' minus 1 jar which was gone in a matter of minutes!Look for a post around the 1st of Sept. we will be at their house for a end of summer BBQ and I plan on taking tons of pics.. There is so much history just sitting in their backyard! Not to mention 3 horses, 2 cows, a football field for a garden! And they are only 5 minutes from town! I could go on and on! I will save some for the Atkin's part Deux....

2 comments:

twarpula said...

Yummy!! Which we were closer to you all. -t

Brooke said...

wow, I am impressed!!! Can I come over for dinner..im hungry!!