CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Playing CATCH UP!

Ok where do I start.... My huge savings this past week was at Walgreens. I saved over 82.00 and spent right around 42.00 and I got a ton of cleaning stuff, razors, ink cartridge refilled, computer paper all kinds of stuff... No picture sorry!




Next, well at 2 times last week we were supposed to get about 4-8" of SNOW.. Well all together we maybe got 2-3".... The kids were bummed but they did get a "snow" day out of it.. I promised them on the 1st "school snow day" I would make the pull apart snow man cake.. So here is a pic of that..The 1st one is goofy! My kids don't like a lot of icing (you are supposed to squish it together and ice the ENTIRE THING.) Thats why they are a little "loose" as Andrew said.
This one was a little better put together.. Again didn't want to use all the icing they tell you to use.. FYI yes this was 1 cake mix! (note to self!) We did end up sharing with the neighbors.. They enjoyed the snow day cake as well.




Tanya this is for you! Here are some pics of the "Saturday night snow"





Ok last but not least.. I just think this is just too sweet not to share. OK Saturday the kids were waiting and waiting for the snow to start... Andrew had opened the blinds in his room so he could let us know when the snow started.. Well about 3 we put all the kids in their rooms to read because they were, well driving us nuts... About 1 hour later Andrew comes out and says " I prayed to god that it would snow! And guess what? What we reply. Andrew says"he gave me my prayer back!, it's snowing!!" I just thought that was too sweet not to share.

1 comments:

twarpula said...

Cort-
Love the snowman cakes!! What fun that must have been to make with the kids. Andrew is so sweet with his snowy prayer. Thanks for the picS !! -t